Game honorariums Refs’ honorariums are based on the age division you are refereeing, in accordance with the Ontario Soccer guidelines.
( $3 will be automatically deducted if report is late, incorrect or incomplete)
All Winners Fest/Tourney
Note: In the odd case during the season we may need to assign substitute referees. If this occurs, you will be paid $20 for being on call as sub ref even if you don’t get a game, or full game honorarium for whichever division if you are asked to go to a game ( if you’re on call as sub ref we must be able to reach you in short notice otherwise you won’t get paid at all).
How do you get paid?
You will get paid only once per season at the end of the season. We will provide you with the info as to where and how (most seasons we have asked you to pick up your cheque). If you find any discrepancies with your payment, you should contact me within 48 hours after receiving the cheque. After that, we archive the paperwork, and we may not be able to pay retro or if we do, we will charge $10 administration fee. If you are assigned games by other clubs or other head refs, please contact the person that assigned you those games.
Penalty fees will be deducted from your honorarium at the end of the season. Below are the details:
- Late report to statistician (after 8:00 a.m. of the day after the game) or incomplete info: $3 (and no games on the following week; also no future games till the stats are received from you)
- Failure to show up: $20 penalty which is the equivalent of one minimum game fee deduction for first infringement, second time $40 no show penalty fee and no games on the following week and if you do it for the third time then you will be removed from the PYSC list of refs right away.
- Failure to do any games at all for the club by the end of June might result on your removal from the PYSC list of refs and contacts.
- Failure to confirm your game assignment (you have the right to decline it too but you must respond either way by the deadline of 8pm Sunday) will result on the game offer no longer available to you as well as you not being offered a game on the following week.
Please remember that as clearly explained to you at the beginning of the season there will be an administrative fee charged to you by PYSC which vary from year to year. Instead of asking the refs to pay upfront as OSA does to make it easier on our refs we deduct the fees from your honorarium at the end of the season. Fees will be:
- $20 per ref be it new or returning